Churches in the
Anglican Parish of Kingston
Trinity Kingston
Trinity Church (1789)
3949 Route 845
Kingston
"Let us Rise Up and Build" - Nehemiah 2:18


Early in May, 1783 ”The Good Ship Union” out of Sandy Hook, Connecticut arrived at Partridge Island outside Saint John Harbour.  Two days later the group of Loyalists aboard ascended the St. John River to the site which was to become their new township at Kingston with nothing except what little they carried with them.  It is not difficult to imagine their uncertainty and uneasiness when they saw groups of Indians on every bluff.  As it turned out, the Micmac people were friendly and proved to be a great help to the Loyalists.  More...

St Pauls Whitehead

St Pauls Church (1841)
23 Whitehead Wharf Road
Clifton Royal

"Lord, what will you have we do?” ~ Acts 9:6

St Paul's Anglican Church, Whitehead, built by the Voluntary labour of its parishioners, was begun in the year 1836 and consecrated on September 16, 1841.  A stained glass window portraying the Lost Sheep was in place at the time of consecration and has been recently restored.

The land on which the Church stands, as well as its Cemetery, was donated by John White, one of the Loyalist of, 1783, and Ralph Haslett, who arrived in 1820.  More...

St James Long Reach
St James Church (1845)
3365 Route 845
Long Reach
“As the body apart form the spirit is dead, so faith from works is dead” - St. James 2:26

“A house upon a hill cannot be hidden.”  Such is the case of Saint James Church, Long Reach, for it stands upon a hill of good proportions with a panoramic view of the St. John River.

  More...

All Saints Clifton Royal
All Saints Church (1885)
1291 Route 845
Clifton Royal
"Since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the pioneer and prefect of our faith” - Hebrews 12: 1-2

The first settlers in the village of Clifton were all members of the Church of England and formed part of the congregation of Trinity Church, Kingston.  More...